Charles E HODGSON
Charles Eli Hodgson served in the West Yorkshire Regiment (Prince of Wales’s Own). He originally served in the 16th Battalion (1st Bradford) and was later transferred to the 15th/17th Battalion, probably in February 1918 when the 16th were disbanded.
He died on 22nd May 1918 and is now buried at VIS-EN-ARTOIS BRITISH CEMETERY, HAUCOURT. Originally Charles was buried at RUMAUCOURT GERMAN CEMETERY which contained the graves of 21 soldiers from the United Kingdom and six from Australia. The burial report records that his grave was marked by a German cross and that he was identified by the German burial plan.
Charles married Florence Ambler at Queensbury Parish Church on 29th July 1914. He was a painter by trade and Florence a worsted weaver. His address at time of marriage was 66 Ford Hill, on the Queensbury roll his address is listed as Chapel Street.